Ancient coins are basically the rarest coins that you can ever find. You can hugely profit from them as long they are genuine. Selling them is pretty much like selling an ordinary coin except that finding one is twice as hard. Examples of these are coins those found from old shipwrecks dated back as far as the 14th century. Or you can opt for ancient pennies from Rome in the time when Caesar still ruled the land. These are extremely hard to find, and it surely is a challenging quest to undertake. But when you do find one, it is all worth it. A lot of collectors would kill themselves just to get these rare coins. Read on to learn more about how to sell ancient coins.
- Coin shows are great places to meet avid coin collectors and dealers alike. You can start asking around, get friendly and let the organizers and participants know that you have ancient coins that you are willing to sell. Make sure you have calling cards to give and it would be helpful if you get their numbers too for follow-ups.
- Wildwinds is a good site to check on the type of coin that you have. There is a lot of very useful information that you can acquire since this site will show you all coins that are auctioned in eBay. By browsing through this, you will be able to know the trend when selling these online.
- Coinsarchive is a helpful place where you can see the prices and descriptions in both United States and European auction houses. Contact information of various dealers worldwide is readily available for your perusal.
- Identifying Late Roman Bronze Coins is the place to go to know more about Roman ancient coins. All bronze coins minted between 320 and 490 AD from Spain and England are all shown here. A comprehensive description and value for each coin are given. You can freely contact them to ask about the best places to sell these kinds of pennies from so long ago.
- Coin Museums, like any other museums, are breeding grounds for collectors and dealers alike. It would really help you if you hang around in these places and get to know the people that are genuinely interested. You can also ask help from the museum's curator if anyone is interested in buying a rare ancient coin.
- eBay is a one stop site to buy and sell almost anything, including one-of-a-kind coins that can only be found in ancient times. A lot of collectors are registered in this site so you can easily auction your coins at anytime. Just make sure you have a PayPal account as a payment facility.
It is important that you know that the coins you have are real and genuine. Once you have determined that, make sure you clean them up properly. It is also helpful if you go to an authorized dealer to give you a proper appraisal and grade. When you are done with this, then you can readily sell your coins at any shop.