A finger skateboard or fingerboard is like the usual skateboard but smaller. If feet are used on regular skateboard, fingers are used on this. Tricks are also performed using this. Some people buy this for their collection and some for past time. Tech Deck is one of the most popular brands of finger skateboard that you can buy. If you have a Tech Deck, you will also need a ramp to play with this. There are different styles of ramps. You can buy a ramp for your fingerboard but this is a bit expensive. However, you can still have fun with your Tech Deck without having to spend too much by making your own ramp. You just need to be creative in making one. There are many things that you can use around the house for your ramp. Some of the ramps that you can make are half pipe and kicker ramp.
Here are the steps on how to make kicker ramp.
- Get the materials that you will need. These are 2 boxes of playing cards, ruler, manila folder, scissors and tape.
- Put the playing cards boxes together. Place 1 playing cards box on top of the table. The side with the picture of cards should be facing towards you. Put the other box on top of it. The side with the picture should be facing towards you as well. Get the tape and use this to attach the boxes together. This will serve as the stand of your ramp.
- Create the ramp. Get your manila folder and using ruler and pencil make a square that is 5 inches by 5 inches. Cut the square using scissors. Tape one of the edges of the square on the table. Get the taped playing cards boxes and position this at the back of the square folder taped on the table. The distance of the boxes from the taped edge depends on how steep you would like your ramp to be. The side with the picture of cards should be facing the folder. Hold the edge of the square folder opposite the taped edge and tape it at the back of the top of the playing cards boxes.
Here are the steps on how to make a half pipe ramp.
- Prepare the materials that you will use in making this ramp. These are card stocks, shoe box and tape. You can purchase card stocks on any craft stores. You can use an old shoebox that you no longer use.
- Put the card stocks together. Get two card stocks and put these on top of the table. Put the long edges of the card stocks next to each other then use tape to attach these.
- Make the ramp. Get the shoebox and place it on top of the table. One of the sides with long edge should be facing towards you. Place the stock cards inside the shoebox so that the taped part is pushed in the center of the bottom of the shoebox. The left and right edges of the stock cards should be going up the smaller left and right edges of the shoe box. Cut the stock cards if needed so that the top and bottom edges will fit exactly in the box. Determine how steep your ramp will be. Cut and adjust the left and right edges of the card stocks to the desired steepness of your ramp.
With your homemade ramps, you can now play and practice tricks with your Tech Deck!