Playdoh provides hours of entertainment for children of all ages. Use this easy recipe to save yourself some money and have an enjoyable time making your own batch of homemade playdough.
- Get your ingredients. For this recipe, you will need the following:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of salt
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 4 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- Food coloring or Kool-Aid packet (optional for color or smell)
- Add all the ingredients. Put all of the playdoh ingredients into a large saucepan and stir them together. If you are using the Kool Aid, it should be added now, but if you choose to use the food coloring, it should not be added just yet.
- Cook the mixture. Place the saucepan over medium heat, while stirring the playdoh ingredients continuously until the mixture pulls away from the side of the pan.
- Knead the mixture. Take the mixture out of the saucepan and allow it to cool for just a few seconds before you begin to knead the playdoh. At this point, add the optional food coloring to the mixture while you are kneading.
- Use the playdoh. You are now ready to use your playdoh! Remember to store the playdoh in an airtight bag to prevent it from drying out.
These easy steps will help you produce a batch of playdoh that will be popular with everyone who uses it!