A candle, as you already know, is an instrument of light. It can be used to represent a lot of things. It can be a religious offering, a source of warmth, or a tool to create spells. It can exude a relaxing aroma in your home and can serve for decorative purposes only. It only consists of a block of wax and a wick. It surely is a wonder that can bring enchantment to your life. You might think that creating your own candle is a tedious and difficult process or assume that expensive materials are needed to successfully produce one, while some people just do not have a clue on what and how to actually make it.
You will be surprised to find out that candle making is a truly relaxing and easy procedure that almost anyone can do. Astonishingly, you do not have to spend money for anything. You can just get your materials at home! Nowadays, it has evolved to various size, shape, form and color. Gone are the days where a stick of wax is the only candle that you will see. Today, candles are used for decoration. Square candles are pretty to look at and have a longer life as compared to the regular ones. If you want to learn more about how to make your own square candles, here are some great tips that you can easily follow in your leisure time.
- First you need to get materials for your candle making session. Get some crayons, wax, a pointed candle and a paper milk carton. If you have no milk cartons available, you can use any kind of paper, preferably the cardboard type container. Just make sure it is square in shape. It is very important that you have the proper protection especially now that you are about to handle hot wax.
- Get the milk carton and thoroughly wash it inside and out. Slowly and very carefully melt a bit of wax and let it settle at the bottom of the carton. Immediately put the pointed candle in the middle. Make sure the wax is still hot when you position it. Hold it until the wax is completely cool and dry. You will know this when the candle can stand on its own.
- Prepare your crayons. These will be color of your soon-to-be-candle. It is now time to be creative. Choose what colors you would like to put in your candle and select the crayons accordingly. Before you continue, peel off all paper wrappings of the crayons first.
- Start placing the crayons around the tapered candle. Gently pour down the hot wax into the container until it completely covers all the crayons. Leave it and let it set.
- As soon as the wax is cool, you can take off the carton. Be very gentle so as not to damage the newly formed candle. You can then put it in a decorative plate or you can place ribbons around it.
Now that you know how to make your own square candle, you can effortlessly start making one anytime. Just follow these steps and you will soon have a homemade candle to marvel upon. Good luck!