Whether you believe in it or not, fortune telling is something that is very fascinating. If you’re just trying to pass the time or you’re trying to create a nice party favor for your party with your friends, having a theme of fortune telling or clairvoyance would certainly be a unique spin to your gathering.
One of the things that fortune tellers use to seek the future is the fortune telling cards or tarot. They have been used for a very long time and they have very interesting artwork. The artworks are very iconic and can be very inspiring – or creepy. Most of these cards sell in sets that cost a fair amount, so it would be better if you can create your own set of fortune telling cards.
Here’s how you can create your own set of fortune telling cards:
- Be knowledgeable. There are tons and tons of different card sets that are used for fortune telling. Tarot is just one of them. You may research these cards and combine the elements that you want from each set. Get on the Internet and try to find out the things that make each different set more unique and interesting than the next. You may choose to do a hybrid of sorts or just stick to the traditional tarot set.
- You may cut out pieces of carton to serve as the base for the cards or just stick the new images on top of already existing cards. Doing the second option would save you a lot of time.
- Be resourceful. You would need artwork for your cards. There are websites that would supply you with a lot of usable art for your cards but wouldn’t it be more fun if you had a personal touch to the project? You may use your own photographs or artwork to be the featured images in each of the cards. It would be easy to edit and lay them out with the help of a good image editor on your computer.
- Make a box that is equally stunning and interesting as the rest of the cards from your set. Your guests would be absolutely surprised that a lot of work, attention to detail and patience has gone into the making of a party favor. If you were doing it for yourself, it would also be a rewarding experience.
- Try the cards out with yourself before testing it with other people. See if the edges are even and if they are easy to shuffle. You can still tweak the shape of the cards a bit and improve the usability.
Fortune telling is always a fun way to pass the time. If you can create your own set of fortune telling cards, it would be easy to entertain house guests from now on. Just don’t take it too seriously. Just have fun with it and you’ll be all right.