A wrist band is an accessory that has become more popular in the past couple of years. It has become a trendy accessory that supports different causes. There are silicone wrist bands of different colors that are available for each cause. It is a way of showing people that you support a certain cause. It is also a way to raise funds for the cause. These wrist bands come cheap and some of the money that you pay for each one goes to charity. It is a simple way of showing your support and charities.
Here are the steps on how you can make your own wrist band:
- Determine the type of wrist band. Before even starting, determine what type of wrist band you plan to make. You can make leather wrist bands or go for the more popular ones, the silicone bracelets or the rubber bracelets. If you have your own screen printing machine, you can order blank wrist bands from a custom wrist band manufacturer. If you do not have one, you can still create your own silicone wrist bands. You can pattern your wrist band from the different types that are popular. Some of them include the yellow livestrong wrist band or the red courage wrist band.
- Prepare materials. Prepare the materials that you are going to use for this project. To make your silicone wrist band from scratch, you will need newspapers, a utility knife or bos cutter, silicone sheets, a ruler, adhesive for silicone, tape measure, permanent marker and clothes pins.
- Measure your hand. Close your hand and make a fist. Measure the length of the biggest part of your wrist using the measuring tape. Remember the measurement.
- Prepare your work area. Prepare your work area by laying down newspapers to avoid making a mess. Get a silicone sheet and put it over the newspaper.
- Cut the silicone sheets. Use the measurement of your fist's diameter to cut a length of silicone strip from the silicone sheet using the cutter or utility knife. For the width, you can measure what you want the thickness of the wrist band to be. Use the ruler to make the lines straight and even. Cut the strips carefully. You might be able make more wrist bands by using the leftover scraps from the silicone sheet offcuts.
- Stick the silicone. Use the silicone adhesive to glue together the ends of your band. Make sure that they are aligned. After gluing, clamp the clothes pin on the glued part to ensure that it will dry together. Wait for the wrist band to dry.
- Label the wrist bands. When the adhesive has dried, you can use the permanent marker to write messages on the wrist band. You can write words that inspire you or you could draw images on the wrist bands. Some popular designs nowadays look like tattoos or watches.
This is one of the ways to make your own wrist band at home. You can make wrist bands of different colors and designs and give them to your friends or relatives. You can also do this to make wrist bands that support a cause. Whichever you choose, you know it will be unique!