Organizing library storage is not such an easy task, especially if you have an extensive collection that you want to arrange. You can organize your books, CDs, DVDs and other collections. It will be helpful if you have cabinets, library racks or library towers that you can place them in. You can put these in a storage room so that you only have to go to one place when you need something from your library.
Here are some tips on how to organize your library storage:
- Library units. Make sure you have enough library units to accommodate all of the items in your collection or library. Clean the library units. It is advisable that you use shelf liners so that it will be easier for you to clean when dust has accumulated. This will also prevent your library units from getting too dirty.
- Organize your items. The next thing you have to do is to organize your items. Sort out the CDs from the DVDs and the magazines from the books. Put all the same items together. It is also useful to have a clean cloth so that you can dust off and clean the items while you are sorting them out. Make sure that the CDs and DVDs contain the correct disks inside.
- Start organizing. Once all the items in your collection are clean, you can start putting them on your library storage units. You can arrange the magazines by date so that it can be easy for you when you are looking for something. For the books, it is good to arrange them alphabetically by author, just like in bookstores. This way, all the books that are made by the same author will be together. You can do this for the CDs as well. For the DVDs you can arrange them alphabetically by title. This will make it easier for you to find the movie that you are looking for.
- Labels. After you have finished sorting out all of your collection, you can start putting labels on the storage units. You can just label where each letter of the alphabet starts, so that it will be easy for you to see where you will start looking when you are searching for something. You can use simple labels, or you can also create designs.
- Stamps. If a lot of your friends are borrowing your books and other collections, you can label them by having a custom stamp with your name made. You can stamp your name on the first page of each of the books that you own so that they will remember to return what they borrowed from you.
These are the tips on how you can organize your library storage. It is a good idea to organize your collection so that you will not waste time whenever you are looking for something specific. This is also helpful in keeping your place clean so that your things will not be scattered around.