The first performance of the magic elevator card trick and many other magic card tricks is believed to have occurred in China during a card game involving gambling. During the card game it is believed that an individual was attempting to manipulate the game with the flip of his wrist, now known as the magic elevator card trick. Performing the magic elevator card trick takes a great deal of practice and eventually that excellence will leave your audience in awe. The first rule of performing your magic elevator card trick is to keep your audience in suspense as to how you did that.
- To begin your performance of the magic elevator card trick, you will first show your audience the ace of spades that you previously placed on the top of your card deck. After your audience has viewed the ace of spades, you will then place the card into the middle of your deck of cards. The object of the magic elevator card trick is to make your audience believe that with a flip of your wrist the ace of spades returns magically to the top of the deck.
- Now remove a card from your deck and place this card on top of your ace of spades. This will make the ace of spades the second card in your deck.
- Perform what is known as the "pinky break" technique, use your pinky finger to separate your top two cards from the rest of the deck. You will perform this action very carefully so that your audience does not realize you are actually separating the top two cards from the rest of the deck.
- Pick up the two cards as one, this is known as a double lift. Make sure to make this lift look as natural as possible to not give away your newfound talent of performing the magic elevator card trick. This will make your audience think that you are only holding the ace of spades you had shown them previously.
- After showing the audience your ace of spades, return the two cards as one back to your deck.
- With a flip of your wrist give the deck of cards a shake and reveal that the ace of spades has magically returned to the top of the deck.
Performing the magic elevator card trick is great fun for children's parties and even adults. Leaving an audience in awe provides satisfaction in your success in the performance and wonder for years to come for your audience.