Animal rummy can be a fun game for all ages, but it’s an especially fun and educational game for children. In order to play animal rummy, you will need a piece of paper and a writing utensil for each person playing the game. You can play this game with two or more players. The more players, the more fun it can be.
To play animal rummy, follow these instructions.
- Each player writes their name at the top of the paper.
- At the designated time, every player starts at the same time.
- Each player writes down as many animals that they can think of that start with each letter in their name written at the top of the paper.
- Set a time limit and have everyone set their writing utensils down when the time limit expires.
- The person who has the most animals listed is the winner.
- There are variants on this game also. For instance, you can have each player write down only their first name or they can write down their first and last name. Another variant that can make it fairer for each player is to have each player write down one word or phrase at the top of the paper and use those letters instead. This way, everyone is using the same letters to start their animal names.
Animal rummy is perfect for birthday parties or just simple get-togethers with friends. If you’re a teacher, animal rummy is also a great game to have your students play. If it’s close to the holidays, it may be fun to use a phrase such as “Happy Thanksgiving” as the phrase for everyone to use in animal rummy.
As previously stated, animal rummy is a great game for children, but can also be fun in a group of adults. Animal rummy is the perfect game to play as a family. You can even make a variation of animal rummy so that the younger children can use their first and last names while the older children and adults only use their first name. This makes it more challenging for the older players and gives the younger players more of an opportunity to write down more names of different types of animals.