Are you smarter than your friends, but can never find the right way to prove it? It may be time to whip out Trivial Pursuit and put your money where your mouth is. Trivial Pursuit is a game that tests your knowledge in a number of different subjects, from sports to literature and everything in between. The person who is able to answer the most questions correctly and gathers the most wedges is crowned the Trivial Pursuit master. Before you can win, however, you need to know how to play.
- To begin, separate the color coded cards into color-specific piles.
- Each player should select a token and place it in the middle of the board. Each player then rolls a die to see who goes first, highest number going first, second after that, and so on.
- The first player rolls a die, and moves that many spaces in the direction of their choice.
- If he lands on a "Roll Again" space, the player must roll the die again and move that number of additional spaces.
- When he lands on a blank space, he must answer the question on a card that is the same color as that space. Each color represents a different category, so the range of questions is quite varied. If he gets the question correct, he continues his turn, but if he doesn't answer the question correctly then play moves to the next player.
- When a player reaches the end of a category "spoke", he'll land on a wedge space where he can try to answer a question that will win the wedge.
- If the answer is incorrect, then just like on a normal space that player's turn is over and the next player moves.
- To win the game, a player must first gather all six of the colored wedges around the board, and then must roll exactly enough to make it to the center of the board. At that point, the player must answer a game-winning question.
- The other players decide the category of the final question. If the player gets the question wrong, his turn is over and he must try to reach the hub again in future turns.
There are a number of different varieties of Trivial Pursuit, with subjects that cater just about every taste, attitude or aptitude - so you'll never have to worry about lacking knowledge in certain areas. There's sure to be a game that's right up your alley.