Palm reading or palmistry has been practiced around the world for centuries as a way to interpret the future. Whether you want to read palms to entertain your friends and family or you want to understand the mysteries of palmistry, rest assured that you can learn to read palms. Try these instructions and you should be able to read palms with just a little practice.
- Obtain a palmistry book with photos and diagrams of hands. There are several books on the market but most people find that those with detailed pictures are the most helpful when learning to read palms.
- Select the person who desires a palm reading. Ask friends and family to volunteer while you are learning the craft. The person should be comfortable with you touching their hand. Sit facing the person with a table in between so that you can both be comfortable while you are peering at their palm.
- Allow the person time to relax. The reading of palms works best when the participant is relaxed and comfortable. This makes them more receptive to the details you will share.
- Grasp the hand, palm side up. Ask your participant to place their left hand on the table then slide your palm underneath and lightly grasp their hand. The palm should be visible and open.
- Stroke your fingers down the palm. Starting at the wrist, slowly stroke your own hand down the palm until you reach the fingertips. This stroke helps encourage both parties to relax and allows you to feel the texture of the participant’s hands. Texture is the first stage to reading palms. Pay attention to any calluses. These rough areas indicate what type of work the participant is involved in. Notice if the skin is strong and the fingers nimble or if they are fleshy and soft. Pampered and soft hands indicate a person who is sensitive or does not work with their hands.
- Identify the prominent features, the lines, visible in the palm. Regarding the lines, there will be three lines that cross the center of the palm and a fourth line that usually crosses the other lines. Start with the most prominent line, the heart line, which begins just below the fingers and should be the closest to you. When the line extends fully across the palm, the participant most likely has a strong emotional life. The next line or center of the three lines is the head line. This tends to indicate the intellectual strength of the participant. The third line is the life line, which often begins at the head line and follows a curved path around the mount of Venus at the base of the thumb. The length and depth of the line indicates the quality of your life. If the life line travels through the center of your palm, you will tend to be a wanderer while if the line travels over the mount of Venus, you prefer to stay home. The fate line often starts at the wrist and crosses the other lines toward the fingers. This line indicates the path your life may take.
- Practice reading different palms. To get the hang of palmistry it is best to use a book with accurate image and translations of meaning while you practice with several different people.
Learning to read palms requires some patience and practice but these simple steps should help. You can unlock the mysteries of how our hands reveal the secrets of our future experiences and changes in our lives.