Bubble wrap is a transparent plastic material used in packing fragile items. Two engineers, Marc Chavannes and Alfred Fielding invented it in 1957. Like other inventions, it was accidental. The two engineers were trying to create plastic wallpaper but it didn't work. It didn't take long for them to recognize that their invention could be used for packaging materials. Today, nearly all shipping companies use bubble wrap when transporting electronic products. Bubble wrap has an antistatic component that dissolves static charges, such that the fragile electronic chips are protected from being busted. There are different types of bubble wrap inclduing bubble envelopes, bubble rolls and bubble bags that you can use when shipping valuable items.
- Bubble envelopes. They can be used to keep jewelry items, videocassette tapes, CD's and DVD's and other valuable items.
- Bubble wrap rolls (lightweight, medium and heavy duty). They can protect lightweight, medium weight and heavy duty items.
- Bubble bags. They can be used to ship electronic parts, very easy to use.
It's such a waste to dispose of a product like bubble wrap that can be used in a lot of ways. So instead of disposing, recycle it.
How to recycle bubble wrap?
- You can protect your book with a cover made of bubble wrap.
- Instead of using ordinary wrapping paper, you can use bubble wrap to wrap gifts for your family and friends.
- During winter, you can use bubble wrap to cover the windows. This will help to keep you warm. Therefore, a lot of savings on heating bills.
- During winter, you can use bubble wrap to protect your plants outside.
- Keeping your drinks cold when they come out from the fridge is possible by wrapping them with bubble wrap.
- Make your own make up kit with bubble wrap. Just outline a make up kit in the bubble wrap and attach it with duct tape.
- When it's freezing outside, you can use the bubble wrap to keep your feet warm.
- Avoid carpal tunnel syndrome by using rolled bubble wrap. It will serve as a soft cushion to support your wrists.
- Protect the lining of your tool kit by using bubble wrap. Make sure to secure it with duct tape.
- Protect your favorite fridge items from discoloration using bubble wrap. Use the bubble to cushion your fruits and veggies.
- Make camping more comfy using bubble wrap. Place a wide sheet of bubble wrap under your sleeping mat and your sleep will be peaceful for sure.
- Use bubble wrap for fun. Make your own kite using bubble wrap, duct tape, string and wood.
- Make your sleep more peaceful using bubble wrap. Make it into a soft cushion. Don't forget to attach it with duct tape.
The machinery utilized to create bubble wrap is ingenious. Imagine, it has generated a product that can be used in a lot of creative and useful ways. Due to the popularity of bubble wrap, even lyrics and virtual games have been created.