Everyone loves a slumber party. With friends over, it's hard not to have fun all night long. Any slumber party will be incomplete without the right decorations. They help set the mood. Because everything happens in the bedroom, you want it to be decorated for a party. It can be tough to find the appropriate slumber party decorations. However, with a few simple tips, you will get more inventive ideas.
Here are a few simple tips on how to select decorations for a slumber party:
- Consider who you are throwing the slumber party for. Different ages have very different slumber parties. This will help you choose the appropriate decorations for the right age group. The gender of those who will be having a sleepover will also be important. For example, a little girl would most definitely want a princess-themed slumber party. On the other hand, a little boy might want an outer space themed slumber party.
- Combine tried and tested party decorations with new and innovative ones. Balloons and hats are what you would usually find in party. They add a festive touch to any room. You can even have them personalized with a name printed on each one. You can also have them in different shapes and sizes, to go with your slumber party's theme. Hats can be of different shapes and sizes, also depending on the slumber party.
- Tie all of your elements together. Make sure that all of your decorations conform to your chosen theme. This will create a more put together look to any room. The sheets and comforters should match the theme. For example, for a fairy princess themed room, choose sheets in pink, purple, or silver. The drapes or blinds should be changed as well, if possible. Napkins, paper plates, cups and eating utensils should not be forgotten. They come in all colors and prints, so you have a lot of different options.
- Look for interactive decorations such as disposable cameras, makeup stations, and others. These will also serve as the entertainment for the guests. Another idea would be to set up a cake-decorating station, where guests can decorate their own cupcakes with different colored frostings, sprinkles and candies.
- Set up a table in the bedroom. Guests can have snacks or drinks in the table. You can also place all of the other party supplies there. Make sure that it is also decorated accordingly. Table covers are a great way to decorate the serving table without having to spend too much.
- Your party favors should be presentable enough to decorate. Choose bags in bright colors or prints. They should also follow the overall theme of the slumber party.
- Decorate with gumballs in a jar. A really easy way to decorate any slumber party is to take gumballs, which are separated by colors, and put them in huge, see-through glass jars. They add a playful twist to any room.
With these simple tips, you can decorate a slumber party anytime.