Once reserved for fried rice and General Tso’s chicken, the traditional Chinese take-out food box has dressed itself up to become the party favor of choice among those wanting a little something different for their party favors. A quick search of the internet reveals that these Chinese food boxes now come in a rainbow of colors, holiday patterns, and party themes. With so many options to choose from, how does a person find just what she is looking for at the best possible price?
- Determine what you are going to use these decorative Chinese food boxes for. Are they to hold wedding favors or will they be gift boxes for a birthday or holiday party? If they will hold wrapped food, like mints, fortune cookies or small toys, you will be able to use plastic frosted decorated food boxes, if you choose. But if the take-out boxes will hold unwrapped food, like homemade cookies or unwrapped candy, you will need to make sure that the boxes you select are food-safe.
- Determine your budget. If you need quite a few of these decorated boxes, the least expensive option would be to purchase them in bulk. Plain boxes will be less expensive than Chinese food boxes decorated in a holiday, wedding, religious or other theme.
- Decide whether you want to decorate the Chinese food boxes yourself or if you want to purchase them already decorated. Your budget may play a part in your decision, particularly if you need to purchase a large quantity. Plain white or colored boxes are usually less expensive than their pre-decorated counterparts.
- Once you have determined how you are going to use the take-out food boxes and whether they will hold wrapped or unwrapped food, the number of boxes you need, your budget and whether you want to decorate them yourself or buy them already decorated, you are ready to embark on your search for the best possible price.
- You have two options. One option is to use a search engine like Google, Bing or Dogpile.com, and enter the search term decorative Chinese food boxes or decorated Chinese take-out food boxes and see what comes up in the search results. If you know that you specifically want pink decorative food boxes, for example, use “pink” in your search phrase as well. This will help the search engine bring back relevant results.
- The other search option is to bypass the basic search engines entirely and go straight to a shopping comparison search engine like Shopzilla.com, Pricegrabber.com or Shopping.com if you are in the United States. The Yahoo-owned Kelkoo.com is a European comparison shopping search engine. Enter the phrase decorated Chinese food boxes into the search engine and the results will be displayed in a chart showing a picture of the decorated food box, description, the cost and a link to the store where these decorated Chinese take-out boxes are being sold.
- Once you have made your choice and gone through the web site’s checkout process, the next step, if you are decorating the boxes yourself, is to gather the materials you will need to decorate them, and the items you will be putting inside the Chinese food boxes once they are decorated. When the decorated Chinese food boxes arrive in the mail, you will be ready to complete your project.