A musician gets better at playing a musical instrument by practicing regularly and mastering musical pieces. The cost of new books have been very expensive, so that people are finding ways to buy used music books, out of print or used sheet music, even music instruments, and music tracks at discounted prices, instead of new products from a retail store.
When looking for used music books online or in retail stores, check the condition of the book you are buying. The used book should have complete pages and not be written on, torn, or highlighted. If there are missing pages, ask for a discount. Plus, ask about their return policy in case you are unhappy with your purchase.
Here is a list of some retail and online stores selling used music books:
- Music Book World. Music Book World claims to be your best source of sheet music and music books, covering a selection of Classical Music, Blues, Jazz, Country, Pop, Folk, Rock, Songwriting, Opera, Composers, Instruments and Broadway. They specialize in used, new, and out of print Sheet Music and Music books.
- Hand Me Downs. Hand-me-downs often make looking for used music, books and videos easy. Their website has a wide range list of gently used music, books, and videos or even a music player, guitar or piano that people in your area may want to sell. The company ensures that all their used items were gently used and not abused or damaged by their previous owners.
- UsedMusic.ca. The UsedMusic.ca website has lists of secondhand sheet music and music books for amateur or professional musicians, instrumentalists, vocalists, teachers, students, music players or anyone who likes music events. The condition of items and a description of the contents are given online, If requested, a scanned photo of your selected item can be sent. The quoted prices are in Canadian dollars, but can be converted to your chosen currency.
- Powell's Books. Powell's Books is a bookstore with seven branches located in the metropolitan Portland area. Powell's headquarters, Powell's City of Books, claims to be the largest independent new and used bookstore in the world. It has an inventory of over four million new books, used books, rare books, and out-of-print books.
- Alibris. Alibris is an online bookstore that sells used, out-of-print, new, and rare books, as well as other media through an online network of independent booksellers. Their books are guaranteed to be used but as good as new.
- Broder's Rare and Used Books. Broder's has a wide inventory of rare and used music books. Their website is easy to browse since it is organized by topic and category. For questions, you can send an email to Info@BrodersBooks.com. Their service includes searching their stock and member dealers, plus they ship to any place in the world.
People nowadays buy used books, music, videos, and music tracks, musical instruments like a guitar or piano, or a music player, to save money. Before making a purchase, know the cost of a new item and spend time to look for the cheapest offer. Buying from the first store with a lower price offer may not be the cheapest deal.