Looking for vintage posters takes time and knowledge. With so many art galleries offering vintage posters today, how do you make sure you get a genuine vintage poster and not a product of reproduction? Although gallery stores provide discounts to clients, vintage posters do not usually come cheap. Thus you need to know several factors that determine the value of a vintage poster to get your money's worth. If you are new to vintage collection, however, what you need is to take time in finding a gallery store that you can trust.
- International Poster Gallery. One of the largest vintage collections in the world, International Poster Gallery features over 10,000 original vintage posters from around the world for sale. Its gallery exhibitions have been recognized in The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, and Worth Magazine reviews. Its clients include thousands of enthusiasts and collectors worldwide, as well as corporations and museums such as The Museum of Modern Art in New York, The Wine Spectator, The Library of Congress, the Museum of Modern Art in New York, and a number of prominent institutions outside the United States. You can visit this award-winning gallery in person at 205 Newbury Street, Boston, MA 02116.
- Poster Plus. Poster Plus' multi-level retail gallery is situated across the street from the Art Institute of Chicago. It holds an extensive collection of original vintage posters, fine art posters, and limited edition giclee prints. The gallery also offers custom framing services so you can purchase ready framed posters as well.
- International Vintage Posters. Get original WW1and WW2 posters that are professionally preserved and protected from International Vintage Posters. You are ensured that what you get is not a reproduction of your favorite vintage art. Collections include travel, railroad, airline, and a lot of other subjects.
- Posters.com. Enjoy a vast collection of art deco, art nouveau, charts, magazines, and photography styles of vintage posters from Posters.com. Select from vintage art prints, travel posters categorized by countries, music posters, rock posters, transportation and more.
- Vintage Poster Show. Devoted to French, Swiss, Italian, Soviet, War and Propaganda, art deco, art nouveau, and Cappiello posters, Vintage Poster Show does not only exhibit their gallery for viewing and purchase but to impress a wide variety of styles, artists and history associated with its large collection of old posters.
- AllPosters.com. Vintage subjects include entertainment, fashion, figurative, food and beverages, pin-ups, propaganda, sports, transportation, travel ads, etc. Get the vintage print of your choice from AllPosters.com and avail of discounts and sale prices.
Individual collectors or hobbyists, memorabilia shops, and antique dealers are also sources of vintage posters, although their collections may not be as extensive compared to vintage art galleries. If you do not find what you are looking for in their collections, they can refer you to their trusted gallery stores.
Ebay and Amazon auction sites are also venues where you can find just about anything. Check into vintage posters from these online auction houses and if you know how to bid, you can grab your vintage poster.