Make your loved ones 'suckers' for you this holiday. You’ve heard the old catch phrase that the way into a man’s heart is through his stomach. Well, men, consequently, the way into a woman’s soul is through chocolate. Thus Venus and Mars are able to align this February for a tantalizing treat that will have both begging for more.
Valentine’s Day does not have to be the pocketbook-bending holiday that many make it out to be. Follow these few simple steps to create a memorable and affordable delight for you and your sweetheart.
Heart Shaped Chocolate Sucker Bouquet
- Sucker molds (hearts, lips, flowers, whatever you deem a wonderfully personalized version for your valentine)
- White sucker sticks
- White chocolate (dipping chocolate - this must be real)
- Milk chocolate (dipping chocolate- this must be real)
- Pink candy coloring
- Red candy coloring
- Mini vase
- Red, white, and pink ribbon
Most of these items can be picked up at your local dollar discount store.
- After acquiring your molds and making sure they are properly washed, line the sucker sticks in each mold.
- In a mixing bowl, melt and then mix your chocolate 30 seconds at a time in the microwave until you have achieved creamy, smooth bisque. Note: any more time than this could cause the chocolate to burn.
- You can add pink or red candy coloring to the white chocolate for an extra splash of color.
- Putting pressure with a finger on the sucker stick to ensure your suckers mold straight, carefully pour your chocolate into the mold. Take care to see that there are no holes and that the mold is entirely full.
- Repeat for the amount of desired variety.
- Place your mold trays in a flat location. They can take anywhere from twenty to forty-five minutes to harden. A rush job can be put in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process.
- Once the chocolate suckers have entirely hardened, gently pop them out of the molds.
- Carefully arrange your newly-made treasures into a delicate bouquet.
- Tie ribbons around your vase. A curl to the end adds a splash of style.
Your colorful, budding surprise will be just the right amount of thoughtful and tasty. Add in a few trimmings or real flowers for an extra zeal. Your Valentine is sure to feel special this holiday as you present your sucker bouquet.