The best way to give unique Easter gifts are to make them yourself. What you will give depends on your unique talents and abilities. It doesn't matter whether or not you have made things in the past. There are gift ideas for all levels.
- You can buy small wooden birdhouses in an arts and crafts store. Paint them in soft pastel colors like lavender, pink and baby blue. Paint each recipient's name on his or her birdhouse, and tie with a pretty ribbon or bow. There are many other wooden, ceramic and canvas novelties that you can paint and personalize such as plaques, piggy banks, garden stepping stones or canvas tote bags.
- Make beaded jewelry for your friends. It is easier than you think to make beautiful handmade jewelry. It can be as simple as buying pretty multi-colored beads and stringing them on wire, hemp or plastic to make one-of-a-kind necklaces. You can use elastic as a base for matching bracelets, or you can buy clasps and use the same material you used for necklaces. Necklaces can be made with or without a clasp (depending on whether it is long enough to pass over the recipient's head).
- If you crochet, or knit, you can make leg warmers, pillows, scarves or blankets. Just make sure you start your unique Easter projects ahead of time so that you will be finished in time for Easter.
- You can still give traditional Easter baskets, but make them unique by decorating them with ribbons and bows. Paint them, wrap in pretty fabric, glue seashells to them, or anything else that will make them stand out.
- If you like to bake, you can make batches of delicious cupcakes and decorate them with pretty pastel sprinkles, colored frosting or images of the Easter Bunny.
- Write a poem about what Easter means to you. Make copies on pretty paper and have them laminated. Give copies of the poem to your friends and family as a celebration of Easter (and token of your affection).
The possibilities are endless. Make a photo collage of you and your friends. Personalize stationery by writing your spouse's name on top in calligraphy, neatly hand-write recipes of your mother's favorite meals or plant flower seeds in a beautiful pot with the instructions to water it and watch it grow into something beautiful. Any unique Easter gift that you make with love will be appreciated.