Earth Day is celebrated on the 22nd day of April. This is done to show appreciation for Mother Earth and the environment. There is another celebration for Earth Day, and this is observed by the United Nations. They celebrate Earth Day during the March Equinox. This day usually falls on March 20. There are several Earth Day activities that you can do to celebrate Earth Day. You do not necessarily have to join big organizations during their activities.
Here are some ideas on how you can celebrate Earth Day:
- Plant trees. The simplest thing you can do for Mother Earth is to plant trees. This is a great way for you to do your part in preserving the environment and decreasing Earth pollution. Aside from lessening air pollution, trees are also a habitat for many species. By planting a lot of trees, you will be providing homes for different creatures.
- Clean-up drive. This is one thing you can do to preserve the Earth’s environment. You can start in your own home and also go and clean around the neighborhood. You can collect bottles, newspapers and other recyclable materials and contribute them to a recycling garage. You may even earn a few cents by selling these recyclable materials.
- Have an Earth Day party. You can plan an Earth Day party and use only recyclable materials for all the decorations. You can do Earth crafts and create decorations made out of recyclable goods. One idea that you can do for the food is to use only all natural ingredients so that you can conserve energy.
- Use other means of transportation. If everyone uses a bicycle on Earth Day, there will be a lot less pollution in the environment. If you cannot avoid using your car, at least use a car pool so that you can lessen the pollution emitted by the car.
- Use canvas bags. If you are going shopping or going to the grocery, bring a canvas bag with you so that you wouldn’t have to put the goods that you bought in a plastic bag. This will reduce the plastic waste used by grocery stores and other shops.
- Dress in earth colors. This is a simple thing you can do to show that you support Earth Day. Wear Earth colors, such as green, brown, blue and white to show that you love Mother Nature.
These are only some of the things that you can do to celebrate Earth Day in your own home or neighborhood. Remember that is does not have to be Earth Day in order for you to do these things. It is good to remind yourself that everyday can be Earth Day. These are just the simple things that you can do to save the Earth. To take part in other organizations’ activities, you can go to the official website of Earth Day, which is earthday.net. Visit the website and see how you can contribute in helping to create a greener environment for the future.