When holiday season comes, you may find that most of your money is spent on decorative items to make your house appear more festive. If you want to save cash, you can create your own decorations. One of the easiest Christmas decorations that you can create on your own is the Christmas wreath. All you have to do is collect some natural materials from your own backyard and you can create a personalized wreath that you can use both indoors and outdoors.
Here are the steps on how you can create your own grapevine wreath:
- Materials. For this activity, you will need grapevines of several lengths, chicken wire, a glue gun, a nail and a hammer. You can also gather Christmas flowers, Christmas balls, Santa Claus figures, ribbons and other decorations that you want to add on your wreath. If you want the wreath to be lighted, you do not have to buy Christmas lights. You can always use extra lights that you have in your house.
- Shaping the wreath. Use chicken wire and shape it into a circle. The size of the circle depends on how big you want your wreath to be. You can easily twist the chicken wire. If you think that one wire is not stable enough to hold the decorations and the grapevine, you can use two strands of chicken wire for the frame of the wreath.
- Putting grapevine. You can start making your Christmas wreath by wrapping the vines of the grapevine with the chicken wire. Do this carefully, as you may break the vine or may snap the little twigs. You can secure the ends of the vine on the chicken wire by using the glue gun. Once the chicken wire is fully covered with grapevine, you can start decorating your Christmas wreath.
- Decorating. You can use dried leaves, flowers, Christmas balls and other items to decorate the wreath. The most ideal thing to use is flowers so that your wreath will look more natural and will blend with the trees and leaves in your own garden. Create a floral arrangement on the wreath with the dried flowers that you have. This will be a great way for you to show your creativity to your neighbors.
- Hanging the wreath. Before hanging the wreath, make sure that everything is secure and that the glue is already dry. Use the hammer and nail to hang the wreath on your door or on your wall.
These are the simple steps for creating your very own grapevine wreath for the Christmas season. You can also create a garland and other decorative items with the grapevine. Use your imagination and take advantage of the resources that you already have in your home so that you do not have to spend a lot of money on holiday decor. To get more ideas, you can search online for more do-it-yourself activities and tips. You can also do this for making decorations for different occasions, such as birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving and more!