It's that time of year for a Halloween party! Make your own party favors to cut down costs. A little imagination can go a long way. The type of party you are throwing, whether it is for adults or children will influence what kind of party favors you should have.
A fun idea for an edible Halloween party favor are edible hands! These are great for children or adults.
- You will need to purchase clear plastic gloves, do NOT buy regular latex or medical use gloves.
- Pop enough popcorn to fill the gloves you will need for your party favors. For an extra twist add food coloring to the popcorn.
- Place one piece of candy corn pointy side towards tip of glove, in each finger. Then stuff the gloves with popcorn. Tie a ribbon around the wrist section, and you have edible hands.
Another edible Halloween party favor idea that is suitable for children or adult parties are ghost cupcakes.
- Purchase or bake the amount of cupcakes you will need for your party. Buy as many packages of Nutter Butter cookies for the number of cupcakes you will need.
- Insert the Nutter Butters about ½ way into the top of each cupcake.
- Use white icing to cover the Nutter Butters. Then use chocolate icing to draw eyes and mouth on your ghost.
The classic caramel apple is always a hit as a Halloween party favor.
- Purchase enough apples for the amount of guests you are expecting. You will also need to purchase at least 3 bags of caramel candies, or you can use caramel wraps. You will also need popsicle sticks, at least 1 for each apple that will be made.
- Clean all of the apples and remove stems. Stab a popsicle stick into the end of the apple, the smaller end works best.
- The hard part is peeling all those little caramel candies. After you get them all peeled, put them in a sauce pan with about 1 tablespoon of water. Cook over low heat until caramel is smooth.
- Dip the apples in the caramel until they are covered. Place caramel apples on wax paper to cool.
There is always the traditional and possibly easier route for obtaining Halloween party favors, and that would be purchasing them at a costume or department store. They usually have a large variety varying in cost. If you would like to have a theme for your party most costume shops have a ton of options for you to choose from.