Christmas is a great time to experiment with some new gift giving ideas. If you're tired of using the same boring combination of wrapping papers and bows, here's how to make that special person a Christmas gift basket. It is not as difficult, or expensive as you might think.
- The first step in making a Christmas gift basket is finding the perfect basket. There are dozens of different sizes, shapes, colors to choose from. It's a good idea to keep in mind what you'll be placing into the basket before you make your final decision. You want to make sure the basket is large enough to accommodate all of your gifts. Fill the basket with some festive, colorful tissue paper. The obvious choices for this step are red and green paper, or you may find tissue paper covered in Christmas themes and patterns.
- Now it's time to place some gifts and goodies into the basket. First, start with some seasonal treats like Christmas cookies, candy canes, or chocolate reindeer and snowmen. You can get as creative as you wish with this step. If the person you are making the basket for is more health conscious, why not add oranges, apples, or pears?
- The next step in making a Christmas gift basket is to find just the right spot to nestle a small, elegantly wrapped, gift. Make sure whatever item you have chosen to place in the basket is small enough to fit, and won't destroy any of the goodies. A book, CD, DVD, gift card, or a smaller stuffed toy is great idea. If you choose, you can also place a card or a personalized note in with the rest of the goodies.
- Now that the gift basket has been prepared, it's time to choose the correct presentation. One great idea is the leave the basket on the recipient's door step. If this is the method you choose, just remember to wrap the food, and make sure that no animals, or the elements, can destroy your beautiful creation. If you really want to give your friend or relative a real treat, why not serenade them with a Christmas carol while making your delivery!
- One last point to keep in mind: arrange the gifts in the basket, and don't over fill it. It looks more appealing if strategically place all the goodies. If you really want to go for that wow factor, you can even dress up the basket further with ribbons, bows, glitter, or scented pine cones.