Mother's Day can be even more special for Mom when you give her a homemade card. Not only does it show how much you care by taking the time to make it, but you are also adding your own unique flair. Anyone can walk into a store and find a card with words written by someone else, so why not try your hand at creating your own Mother's Day wishes?
The most important things to remember when making a Mother's Day card are to keep it honest and simple. Think of the audience. Is Mom a motorcycle riding wild child? Someone who would rather spend her free time cooking or reading? Once you figure out the style you are comfortable with, it is time for the fun part!
So you know what you want your Mother's Day card to say...but what do you want to say it on? For some this may mean just regular lined paper folded in half, while others will opt for stamping or other paper crafts. If you are having trouble, why not take a trip to your local craft store to get inspired?
Here are some ideas to get you started on making your Mother's Day card:
- A simple typed card on white cardstock with a single rose.
- A card made to look like a ransom note with the words being cut out of a magazine.
- An old picture of the two of you which you have copied and to which you've added a personal mesage.
- A copied page from a favorite childhood book that the two of you used to read together.
- Let Mom know that this is her day and include a coupon to trade in for a day off of cleaning, or a laundry free week.
- You could even make a pop-up card for those mothers who love a surprise!
To make the card special, try to mention at least one fun moment the two of you shared the past year. Make sure to let your mom know that even though you may not always act like it, you are her biggest fan. She must feel loved and appreciated on this day, so be sure to thank her for all of her hard work. Making Mother's Day cards is the perfect way to show how much you love her and appreciate all that she has done for you. Why not put in a little more effort this year and make this the best Mother's Day for your mom?