Nowadays, homeowners with lawns feel the need to buy lawn tractors for their mowing needs. But the task does not end with the purchase of the lawn tractor.
Lawn tractor accessories or attachments are often needed to do a more specific mowing job. There are so many brands of lawn tractor accessories in the market today. The good thing about this is that you now have an option to choose the best one that will not hurt your budget. Cheap does not always mean less quality.
Here is a list of cheap lawn tractor accessories for your more specific mowing needs:
- Tow-Behind Trailers or Dump Carts - A dump cart is needed for hauling firewood, moving sand, dumping gravel, or getting rid or the dried leaves in the yard. It is used like a traditional wheelbarrow minus the manual pulling which makes the job easier. The cheapest tow-behind trailer that you can find is at $79.99 sold on Amazon.com.
- Leaf Sweepers - Dump leaves while you go riding your lawn tractor. Leaf sweepers can either be in tow-behind or in pull models. Some leaf sweepers also double as debris sweepers. The cheapest leaf sweeper in the market so far is from Precision Products at $238.73 sold by Amazon.com.
- Spreaders - This accessory is used to effectively spread fertilizer, seeds, or ice melts onto the lawn. Good ones are made of durable poly hopper and are powder coated to prevent rust. The cheapest spreader is from Earthway at $49.99 sold by Mowtownusa.
- Sprayers - Herbicides, pesticides, and other lawn products can be efficiently spread using a sprayer attached to the lawn tractor. This tow-behind type also gives you as much as five times more capacity than hand-held sprayers. It's sad to say but the cheapest sprayer lawn tractor attachment that you can find is from Precision Products sold at Amazon.com for $299.99.
- Aerators - This accessory is used to aerate the lawn. Aerating makes the grass take in an equal amount of sunlight and water. It also lets the nutrients from the fertilizers effectively seep in to the roots. The cheapest aerator is a Brinly-Hardy which is sold at $79.99 sold by Northern Tool and Equipment.
- De-thatchers - Layers of thatch build up on top of the soil's surface preventing sunlight, air, water, and nutrients from fertilizers to the roots of the grass. De-thatching removes the thatches gently without destroying your lawn. The cheapest de-thatcher is made by Precision Products and sold by Amazon.com at $80.09.
- Lawn Rollers - This accessory comes in pull or push types and is used to even out grounds or to pack down seeds to the ground. The cheapest lawn roller is from Agri-Fab at $130.64 sold at Ron's Home and Hardware.
Although the words "cheap" and "lawn tractor" do not usually go together as they are quite expensive, the lawn tractor accessories can become budget-friendly. It is up to you to choose the most affordable, yet high-quality, lawn tractor accessory that will suit your mowing needs.