There are a number of tanks available for sale in the market today, from PVC tanks, which have seen diverse use in food packaging and home construction; Polyethylene tanks, known for their toughness; rubber tanks; process tanks; testing tanks for food products, chemicals and the like; to the modifiable and custom-made plastic ones manufactured by Tamco. Among this great number of tanks, of course, there's a small chance that tanks made from Polypropylene would be considered as ‘the best,' but they have pretty much been used in a lot of places and for a lot of things.
These are the characteristics of Polypropylene tanks:
- They are made of Polypropylene, a thermoplastic made through the polymerization of propylene gas. They can be made very fine, seamless and leak proof, so they have been used as containment tanks for chemicals, water, and for food service.
- It has moderate strength and a good strength to weight ratio.
- Its hard and high glass-content surface makes it ideal for use in environments such as food processing plants where there is a great concern to store material and protect it from any possible build-up of bacteria.
- Compared to PVC tanks, which can withstand up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, Polypropylene tanks can normally be used in applications that involve the temperature rising to over 130 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, and up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit for stored material.
- Polypropylene is resistant to many chemicals.
- Polypropylene tanks, however, can be more brittle than the ones made from Polyethylene, for example, so they have to be guarded against possible impact.
Polypropylene tanks exist in different types. There are vertical and horizontal Polypropylene tanks, open top Polypropylene tanks, cone bottom Polypropylene tanks, and even rectangular ones. Some of these tank models might require the assistance of contractors to set them up properly, since they might be tricky or even impossible for you to install on your own without the proper equipment to do so. If you are searching for where you can get Polypropylene tanks as well as other related services, here are a number of companies that manufacture and deal out Polypropylene tanks operating in California and New York, and which you can also check online:
- Douglas Tank Sales. They provide a number of tanks for sale and rent, and also offer repair and cleaning services, as well as the installation of new above-ground storage tanks, and the removal and disposal of old ones.
- Peabody Engineering. They offer custom reinforced fiberglass, Polypropylene storage tanks and containers, and provide a number of products in their catalog, including storage for flammable liquids and acids, cabinets, chemical meter pumps, drum pumps and other equipment to guarantee safety in handling chemicals and other delicate material.
- PKG Equipment, Inc. This is a manufacturer of Polypropylene and other thermoplastic tanks created specifically toughened up to withstand corrosion, high temperature and harsh use in shops. They also have air pollution control equipment among their products.