Spring cleaning can be dreadful for you if you have a lot of clutter in your house. Every year, a lot of things can accumulate in the house, and most of them are items that you do not really have use for. There is an easy way you can get rid of all the clutter without stressing yourself. You have to attack the household clutter in an organized manner so that you won’t take long in cleaning all the clutter in your house.
Here are some useful tips that you can use when you attack household clutter:
- Room by room. It is advisable that you get rid of clutter in your house room by room. By doing this, you will only concentrate in one area of the house and it will also be faster to get rid of clutter when you work on a single area first. By the end of the day, you will surely have at least one organized room in your house.
- Materials. Gather all the materials that you will need for your spring cleaning. Some of the useful items that you need are big empty boxes, markers, a broom, a rag and garbage bags. If needed, you can use a vacuum cleaner. Label the empty boxes as “garbage”, “put away”, “donate”. These are the three boxes where you will segregate the contents of the room into.
- Go clockwise. In order to attack the clutter in an orderly manner, start from the room of the door and go clockwise so that you do not miss any spot in the room. As you go along, segregate the clutter into the boxes that you have and clean the surfaces when everything has been cleared. Be sure to get rid of the items that you do not really have use for. It is smart to donate or get rid of the items that you haven’t touched for the past year. If you do not love the item or have use for it, it should not go into the “put away” box.
- After cleaning. When you have already gone around the room, you will see that you have more space for everything. Put the contents of the “garbage” box in the trash and the “donate” items in your storage. Do not forget to sweep the floors and wipe all the surfaces before you fix the items inside the “put away” box in the room.
- Repeat steps. Do these steps for every part of your house and soon, you will find that you have gotten rid of all the clutter and can have space for everything. You can donate all the goods that you do not need in organizations or charities. This way, you will not only get rid of the clutter in your house but you will also be able to help someone by donating some of your stuff.
These are the tips that you can use when you attack the clutter in your house. To prevent all the clutter from accumulating, do not keep items that you do not have use for. If you practice this, you will not have to do spring cleaning so often. Also, you will have more space in your house.