Everyone wants to be a good hostess. In fact, any woman can carry out the job of a hostess for a day or night, but the question is, will that woman be an effective hostess? You can be a good hostess if you know where to begin and how you will execute your role effectively as a hostess.
Here are some ways on how you can be a good hostess.
- Prepare early. It's advisable that you get everything ready way ahead of time. Make sure that you prepare the arrangements and the cooking before your guests arrive. Keep everything that you need in areas where you can locate them easily to avoid running or panicking. This will help you to have a very organized preparation and start.
- Turn your home into a cozy place to hold the activity. As a good hostess it is your responsibility to provide a warm and nice venue to hold the event. So, you have to ensure the cleanliness of your house. A tidy venue frequently gives people a very comforting feeling. It is necessary that you clean the common areas of your house like the living room, rest room, and kitchen. Personal items must be well kept.
- Know your guest. Being a hostess is always a great honor and experience. One of your many tasks is to direct and greet the people who will be attending in your event, that's why you should keep track of the persons who will be present in your celebration. You should know their interests too, in that way, you can make sure that everybody will enjoy and have fun.
- Set the right atmosphere for your guest. A good hostess must know how to set the appropriate mood of the event for her guests to have a great time. There shouldn’t be any idle and dull moments. If there has to be dancing then you should be dancing also, to encourage the other people attending your party to move their bodies to the music as well. Now, if there will be lunch or dinner then you must invite your visitors to eat first before yourself.
- Plan for menu and beverages to be served. You have to know what kinds of foods and beverages to serve your guests. Remember you are not only aiming to satisfy them with entertainment but also you have to please your guests’ exquisite taste buds.
- Ready yourself for your hosting job. A hostess is like an actress therefore you have to learn how to charm people to always give the aura of having heaps of fun and enjoying the entertainment that you have prepared. Do not forget to have fun yourself.
Certainly, being a hostess is a very stressful role to play, but you must not let it get in your way and spoil the event that you are hosting. A good hostess must make her guests feel that they are important all the time.