A bouquet of a dozen roses is probably one of the most commonly requested and gifted arrangements of flowers. Three roses may be considered romantic but twelve roses (especially red ones) really translate to the most romantic of overtones. The human mind has just been preconditioned to consider roses as the flower of choice by the romantic, so it’s no wonder that it’s the bloom of choice by those who want to show their affection to their loved ones by way of floral gifts.
The downside to giving away a dozen roses is that it can be quite expensive when bought from a florist. Most online flower shops would charge you at least 60 dollars for a bouquet. You can go on and on about how romantic a bouquet is but for sure, you can think of better ways to spend that money – maybe going to a romantic dinner date, perhaps?
Here’s how you can save money by creating your own dozen roses bouquet:
- Before we can talk about binding your dozen roses, you must first get them! If you don’t have a flower garden that has long stemmed roses, you can always go to small flower stalls in flea markets. The blooms in these stalls don’t cause an arm and a leg like those in the florist shop and if you have some creativity in you, you can even create your own arrangements. Buy a dozen roses (you may pick any color but choose only one color for all twelve).
- Once you have the long stemmed roses, snip the thorns off the woody stem. This would make the blooms easier to handle not just for the person who will receive the bouquet but for you who would be working on them.
- There is also an option to put a plastic stopper at the end of each stem opposite to the bloom. This is done to give the blossom some nourishment for a couple of days. It is said that a sharply cut stem is much better in preserving the overall integrity of the cut flower.
- You may then start building your bouquet. Loosely stack the flowers in the form of a three dimensional diamond. Lay down each long stemmed rose in a 1-2-3-3-2-1 pattern. Tie the stems together with wire or straw and fluff it up to create more fullness and symmetry.
- Use a nice glossy paper or fabric to wrap the stems of the roses.
Binding a dozen roses is quite easy to do! It allows you to have a very personalized touch to your gift. Aside from the ease and special approach to gift giving, it doesn’t hurt that the Binding a dozen roses is quite easy to do! It allows you to have a very personalized touch to your gift. Aside from the ease and special approach to gift giving, it doesn’t hurt that the do it yourself approach to flower arranging is quite easy on your pocket!