Having a welcoming and cozy house is one of the things that you should think about if you like having guests over for parties or family gatherings. The first thing that you should think about is how you can brighten up your home entrance. The home entrance is the first thing that your guests see when they go to your house. This is your chance to show them a good first impression of what they are about to see when go further into the house.
Here are some tips on how you can brighten up the entrance to your home:
- Door. The first thing that you see before you enter a house is the door. You can customize your door so that it won’t appear as just any ordinary door. There are a lot of things that you can do to make the entrance to your home attractive and inviting. The first thing that you can do with your door is to paint it in your favorite color. You can also choose to have a front door that will definitely make a statement. Some of the doors that you can choose from are carved doors, antique doors or modern doors. Another thing you can add to your door is a door knocker.
- Entryway. When you open the door, the next thing that you will see is the entryway to your home. If you have a small hallway for your entrance, what you can do to make your home brighter and bigger is to hang up mirrors on the wall. What you can do is purchase a big mirror for the wall or several small mirrors. Aside from being the decoration on the entryway, it will also help make the entryway seem bigger.
- Walls. For the walls on your home entrance, you can make them brighter and more inviting by hanging artwork or framed photos on the wall. You can use your family photos and put them in attractive frames. If you do not want to use your family photos, you can hang paintings on the wall. This will make your home more inviting to your guests.
- Side table. It is also a good idea to put a side table near your home entrance. This can fill up a small area. Aside from being a display, you can also place your letters or keys on the table so that you won’t forget where you put them. Choose a side table that will be a decorative and functional item.
- Floors. If you want to keep your home entrance clear and not have so much decorative items scattered around, what you can do to brighten it up is to work on the floors. Choose a flooring that will be easy to clean as this is the entryway. You can choose different colored tiles to make the floor on your entryway brighter.
These are some of the things that you can do brighten up your home entrance. You can get more ideas and tips by browsing interior design websites and magazines.