Thinking of what gift to give to family and friends can at times drain you of your ingenious juices. Indeed, it’s just easy to grab an item from a gift store and have it wrapped at the counter and your gift is ready! But often you are met with disappointment when you later learn that the person you gave the gift to finds no use of the item he received from you. Perhaps it’s time you think of giving useful tools as gifts to others and a power drill is just an ideal present.
Buying a drill as a gift can be confusing, as there are so many kinds of this tool in the market. So, to simplify things for you, find guidance in the following tips:
- Ask the sales clerk to show you a catalogue. This way you don’t have to go over every item in the display cabinets. Or if you are shopping online, you can browse at the catalogue section of the website where you will also find the corresponding price for each item.
- As you browse on the different types of power drills in the catalogue, consider the requirements needed by the recipient of your gift. If he is a carpenter, he will need a professional drill designed for industrial purposes. On the other hand if the recipient will use the power drill only for simple household functions, then the standard kind will suffice.
- To make sure the tool is convenient for the user, choose a cordless power drill. This type of drill operates on batteries but it is very easy to use because it can be brought anywhere, even in places where there is no access to electricity. Make it a point though, to accompany your gift with an extra battery pack for spare use when the other battery is charging.
- There are available accessories for power drills but not all types of drills can be accessorized. Accessories are useful because they extend the usability of the tool. Hence it is best that you look for a model that is compatible with available accessories.
- Be aware of the various brands of power drills such as Makita, Milwaukee, Bosch, Black & Decker and Crafstman. These are reliable and tested brands that will not put you to shame when you give any of them as gift.
- Before buying, scrutinize the type of drill of your choice. See if it has additional features such as speed-selector dial, easy-to-reverse switch and other built-in marks that can give the tool a plus advantage.
- Get ready with your cash or credit card. Standard power drills cost as much as twenty dollars while a professional type (accessories included) sells at around two hundred dollars.
- If you want to personalize your gift, have the name of the recipient engraved on the handle of the power drill. Surely he will find it cool having his name on his personal tool. Wrap the gift yourself, include a thoughtful note and hand it over to the lucky person.
A power drill is a unique gift that will surely be appreciated. It is a kind of gift that has purpose and function and the person who will receive it will be more than grateful for its practicality and worth.