Some people might think that all there is to buying a handheld vacuum is to just run to the store and pick up the first one in sight. Sadly though, it is not that easy. In addition, when some people do rely on just trusting any old vacuum off the shelf, they generally find that they are sorely disappointed in the end. Maybe the vacuum will not work or maybe it works, but does not give you the suction power you need to really do you a lot of good. In order to make sure that you are not completely wasting your money, you will need to follow this guide. When you look at the right features, options and concerns, you will have no problem finding the best vacuum for you.
- Power of the Handheld Vacuum - Whether you are shopping for a cordless or a corded vacuum, you want to make sure that you are reviewing some of the more important features that will show you whether or not it is money well worth it. One of the first things that you will want to consider is the power options for the vacuums you are looking at. While the cordless handheld vacuum cleaners can be used anywhere in the house or the car, there is a limited battery time that you have to deal with. The corded vacuums may then seem to be the practical choice but they are not generally all that convenient to use. With this situation, you basically have to weigh out the pros and the cons and figure out which option is more beneficial to you.
- Battery Life - If you decide to go ahead with the cordless handheld vacuum, as so many people do, you will want to make sure that you are paying attention to the battery run time. You want to see how long a single charge will last when being used in order to make sure that it will fit with your personal needs. There are some models that will only run for six minutes while others will run long enough to clean out the interior of an entire car.
- Check the Performance - Even though you might like the idea of having a super stylish handheld vacuum so that you do not feel as bad about leaving it out on the counter, you might want to rethink your priorities. Many people have found that these vacuums are generally less sufficient than the standard vacuums. Your goal should be to find a handheld that is durable, runs a long time and has enough suction power to get the job done.
- Additional Features - Even though you may not have known this, there are some cordless vacuums out there that come with a small accessory hose. This will allow you to reach further underneath car seats and furniture, when you otherwise would not be able to reach it. While this may be a great feature, is it something that you will really take full advantage of? Is it really worth the extra price? If you cannot imagine yourself using the hose, then you might want to skip it.
- Vacuum Cleaner Reviews - And last but not least, you want to make sure that you are doing a little comparison shopping. You want to make sure that you are never paying more than you have to. In order to do this, you will want to make sure that you are comparing a few different competitor sites to make sure that you are not being overcharged. If you are shopping online, make sure that the price comparison includes the total price, which includes the shipping charges.
In the end, what may be right for you may not be right for another person. You want to make sure that you are getting a handheld vacuum that will really do for you what you need it to do. Remember though, the handheld vacuum is a powerful tool that should be used in addition to your regular full size vacuum. For those quick spills or hard to reach areas, the handheld vacuum is the way to go.