Tired of the old, wooden computer desk at home or in the office? Enliven your workspace with a shiny, new stone computer desk. This type of a computer desk is sturdy and easy to clean and will blend well with any design scheme. Here’s a brief guide to buying a stone computer desk.
- Find out which stone you like. There are many kinds of stones used as surface for tables and these come in different shades and colors. Some of the most commonly used stone for table tops are granite, marble, quartz, slate, and jade. These stones are popular because they are hard and are highly resistant to wear and tear. They are also resistant to acid and alkali, which cause damage to stone and weaken its natural structure.
- Measure the different dimensions of your current desk. If you are replacing your current wood computer desk, make sure that you measure its length, width, and height, especially if you have limited space. You do not want to buy a stone computer desk that is too small or too big for your current workspace. Keep those measurements in a piece of paper and bring it with you when you visit a furniture shop.
- Head to furniture shops near you. Time to do what shopaholics call as window shopping. Pay a visit to furniture shops and check out different designs and styles of stone computer desk that are available. You can also try the furniture section in department stores and large supermarkets. While you’re at it find out if the stone used on the desks are stain and water resistant. You do no want a computer desk that easily stains because that will make your computer desk unattractive. Also, you need to look for a stone computer desk that matches your office’s design. For example, if your office has a sleek, very modern scheme, you should opt for computer desk with a black granite top.
- Search online. Even if you find a stone computer desk that you like in one of the furniture stores that you visited, you should still check online. Try Amazon, the world’s largest online marketplace. Just search for stone computer desk and your bound to find at least one result.
- Make your purchase. Do not forget to inspect your stone computer desk for cracks, dents and other damages before you hand your payment over. Unfortunately, you cannot do that if you are buying online. Just make sure that you are buying from a reputable seller and there’s a return/exchange policy for defective items.
Update your workspace by buying a stone computer desk. With proper care and maintenance, this desk could last for many years.
- Dark-colored stones are more expensive than light ones. Consider this when making your purchase.
- Instead of stone computer desk, you can opt to have a tiled computer desk. It has the same feel as the stone computer desk but you have a lot of tile designs to choose from. Plus, it easier to build one on your own than a stone computer desk.