Laundry is one of the necessary chores that can be a hassle to deal with. With a washer and dryer, however, cleaning your clothes is inexpensive and easy – just place the clothes in the bin and add some detergent and fabric softener. Purchasing a washer and dryer should be carefully done, however, so that you will be able to make the most out of your money. Here’s how you can select and purchase the best washer and dryer.
- Purpose. How and where you will use the washer and dryer will give you an idea of what type of washer and dryer you need. For individuals living alone, a basic washer and dryer will be able to accomplish the job. If you have a large family, however, you should purchase a larger washer and dryer that can accommodate heavy loads of laundry. In some cases, you may also want to purchase washers and dryers for a Laundromat business. For this, you will need strong but water and electricity efficient washer and dryer machines that can be stacked.
- Manufacturer. A good indicator of the quality of a washer and dryer machine is the manufacturer. Check out the reviews for the specific models that you are planning on buying, as well as the general product performance of the manufacturing brand. Consumer Reports are also available on the web. Consult these to determine which products can be used for which households and purposes.
- Features. The washer and dryer is a complex machine that will not only wash and dry your clothes, but which comes with various features and settings that will allow you to wash a wide variety of clothing items. Check out your wardrobe and closet first and determine the types of clothes that you have, as well as the types of clothes which you are likely to purchase in the future. If you have plenty of delicate clothes, you should opt for a washer and dryer with very gentle wash cycles. There are also washer and dryers which have temperature controls, stain removers, water controls, various wash and rinse cycles, lint filters, and other features.
- Price. Keep in mind, however, that the more features your washer and dryer has, the heftier the price tag will be. To minimize the costs, look for shops which offer the washer and dryers at discount. In some cases, clearance sales are the best option if you want to purchase inexpensive washers and dryers. Be prepared to dole out some cash for a good quality washer and dryer, however. The advantage with investing in an excellently made machine is that it will probably last a long time, to compensate for the money that you have spent on the device.
- Warranty. Almost all appliances today come with warranties. Make sure that your washer and dryer has a warranty as well. There are some shops and manufacturers that will also sell extended warranties. These are usually unnecessary, especially since appliances that last over a year will usually be able to function well for the entire duration of its life span. But, if you want extra protection, you can purchase these as well.
With a well chosen washer and dryer, cleaning your clothes is not only easy for you, but good for your clothes as well.