Bean bag chairs come in different sizes, shapes, colors, and structures, which is why if you walk into a store or look at the product listing of online bean bag chair sellers, you will be mind-boggled to see a lot of choices. But buying bean bag chairs should not be a difficult task. If you consider the following buying tips, purchasing bean bag chairs will become less than a task.
- Determine who is going to use the bean bag chairs. Determining the user is crucial in choosing the type, size, color, and structure of the bean bag chairs. If they are going to be placed in the kids’ room, you have to choose bean bag chairs that are child-friendly. Bean bag chairs that are going to be situated in the living or TV area, on the other hand, should complement the design and theme of the room. Those that will be used in dorms and tiny apartments must be small in size.
- Know where to shop. There are a lot of stores that sell bean bag chairs. Online stores, for instance, are multiplying in number, almost competing to offer the best deals. Some online stores specialize in one type of bean bag chairs, while others sell all types and variations. The only problem with shopping online is that no-return policy is in practice in many of online stores. If you prefer, you can buy bean bag chairs from brick-and-mortar retailer stores. What’s good about this is that you can test and see for yourself if the bean bag chairs are indeed superior in quality. Buying from retailer stores is advisable if you don’t find driving to and from the stores especially troublesome.
- Consider the fabric. Covers for bean bag chairs are made with different kinds of fabrics. You can choose from a selection of cotton, denim, leather, corduroy, velvet, faux fur, and faux suede. Some of the covers are plain, while others have different design patterns like polka dots, stripes, and floral. Some even have cartoon characters and abstract designs. Also, decide if you want bean bag chairs with removable covers. The advantage is that you can wash the covers and the bean bag chairs separately.
- Take note of the shape and structure. Shape and structure give each bean bag chair its unique appeal. There are bean bag chairs that are chair-like in structure in that they have neck and head support. Others are in loveseat form and can accommodate two people. Chair and loveseat designs are best for adult use. Kids, on the other hand, will enjoy bean bags in the shapes of animals, moon, banana, and star, among other things.
- Mind your budget. Depending on the size, design, structure, and manufacturer, bean bag chairs can cost as low as $17 to as high as $290. You don’t have to buy the most expensive bean bag chairs, especially if you are buying on a budget. However, make sure to buy bean bag chairs that have good quality. And a good quality bean bag chair is something that does not easily get punctured or flattened out.
- Lastly, consider the filling. Some bean bag chairs are filled with beads, while others have foam inserts. When choosing a filling, factor in the refill cost, since you might have to replace the old inserts any time in the future.