Office furnishings are now designed to provide comfort to workers. Ergonomic office furniture is in demand nowadays, as this type of furnishing protects workers from injuries arising from strain and damage that can result in long term or permanent disability. It is good to know that ergonomic living room furniture is also available now for homes to provide ultimate comfort and purpose such as helping you to correct your posture and straighten your back. In buying ergonomic living room furniture, here are some tips:
- Consider the space where you will set up the furniture. Measure the floor area of your living room. If you have other furniture pieces in the room, assign an exact spot where you can position the new pieces.
- Visit a home furnishing store which are plenty in malls. Make a quick survey of the ergonomic living room furniture on display. If you see something you like, give it a try by sitting on it. Slouch, stretch, bounce and roll on a sofa to test its resilience. If you are sitting normally, see to it that your feet are comfortably touching the floor.
- Try the lumbar feature of the chair or couch you plan to buy. If you feel supple but firm support under your bottom while your back is propped on a solid but flexible cushion, then you have the right item.
- Decide how many pieces of ergonomic furniture you will buy. It is good that every member of the family has an ergonomic chair or desk depending on their need.
- Make a trial set up of the pieces of ergonomic living room furniture you intend to buy. Situate the table within reach from the sofa or chair. Sit down, feel the comfort of the chair. Put a glass on top of the table and try to reach for it to test if the position is in a comfortable angle. If the arms of the sofa are too short, your elbows might suffer gradual distortion and much pressure will be on your back.
- One of the most sought after ergonomic furniture is the recliner. With a recliner, you can stretch and take a nap or just laze around during your free time. However if you can’t find any recliner, you can pick foot stools instead on which to rest your feet while you are sitting on the couch or sofa. Make sure the foot stools match the other furniture in your living room. The color, size, shape and design should blend well with your couch and sofas.
- When shopping for ergonomic living room furniture, take the whole family with you especially if you are going to purchase a chair for everyone. The sizes of the members of the family may vary hence you should try to find a furniture that will suit all of them. There are sofas that are equipped with recliners that can be adjusted to fit different heights. However if you need to make individual preferences, make it a point that all family members should first try out their own furniture piece.
You might ask the question, why ergonomic furniture? Well, you should realize early on that badly designed and crafted furniture may result to twisting of the limbs as well as paralysis of the spine in serious cases. The effect may not immediately show but it definitely takes place in time.