Designer furniture can make a huge impact on the design of your area, be it your study room, living room, dining room and even your office. Designer pieces like the Herman Miller collection partnered with famous designers like Charles Eames and Isamu Noguchi are pieces that market the highest possible comfort for the user. Since it was designed for a specific use, it ensures user effectiveness. If you go for retro furniture, Herman Miller produced such designs in the 1970’s and is still producing at present. You can buy the retro furniture by following these steps:
- Choose your desired design by researching online at hermanmiller.com. You can go to a public library and look into books that feature Herman Miller or its designers. By equipping yourself with the knowledge of this collection, you can easily search and pinpoint which retro furniture you would want to purchase.
- Visit websites that sells the Herman Miller collection. You can visit centurymodern.com for some of the collection’s pieces. This website sells online some of the 1970’s furniture pieces. For a more complete collection, you can browse through the Herman Miller website hermanmiller.coml, you will be surprised to find that they still manufacture the retro furniture they designed years ago.
- You can search on eBay and other online furniture stores. Search for the Herman Miller collection or you can narrow down your search to some of the designs under the collection like Eames designed by Charles Eames. By using keywords, you will find that there are second hands or new furniture that they sell on eBay. You can visit Amazon to broaden your search.
- Visit vintage furniture stores. You can search for the collection in these stores. Visiting stores can have its advantage. You can examine and try out the actual furniture personally. You can also visit current furniture stores because some of them still produce the collection.
- If you decide to buy online, be sure you have reviewed their return policies and warranties. Inquire about their shipping procedure and how long it would take to have the furniture shipped to you. This is important because your furniture is a fragile item that you would not want to be soiled or damaged when it comes to your doorstep.
- If you decide to buy personally from a store, ask for the same concerns like return policies and warranties. Be sure you covered all sides of the furniture before signing off the “good condition” waiver.
Mid-century modern furniture like the Herman Miller was really designed to be comfortable, sleek and international. Herman Miller’s designs are classic and sustainable. No matter what motif your space, a mid-century modern piece of furniture like this collection will surely blend in with your current furniture pieces. It would be the perfect finishing for a nice home office, living room, dining room or office area. People, especially architects and interior designers, know Herman Miller as a leading manufacturer of office furniture. Once they see your retro furniture, you can be sure they would be asking how you got it.