Being busy with work or school will cause you to forget some of the things that you have to do. One of them is laundry. Sometimes, you may find yourself looking for something to wear when you realize that all your good clothes are dirty because you didn’t have time to do the laundry. You can easily catch up on doing your laundry and also prevent this from happening again so that you will not have to go through the hassle of looking for something good to wear when you are going somewhere important.
Here are some of the tips that you can use in order for you to catch up on your laundry:
- Do not add to your pile. The moment you see your dirty clothes piling up, this is a sign that you already have to catch up on your laundry. Do not wait for it to get any higher to the point that all your clothes are dirty and you are left with clothes that you do not want to wear.
- Designate a laundry day. Do not try to do your laundry when you have something else to do. It is better to dedicate a whole day in doing your laundry, especially if you have a big pile of dirty clothes. This will allow you to concentrate in only one thing: catching up on your laundry and getting them washed and ironed and back into your closet.
- Separate your clothes. Go through the pile and separate your clothes so that it will be easier for you to organize them when you are already going to wash them. Separate the whites from the colored garments and from the dark ones. If you have some clothes that should be for dry clean or hand wash, separate them from the pile.
- Wash your clothes. Wash the clothes by batch. While you are waiting for the washer to be available, you can hand wash the clothes that are delicate. When the washer is available, put the clothes in the dryer and load another batch into the washer. By doing this, you will save time.
- Fold clothes. When the batch in the dryer is already done, you can fold them up in a pile so that they are ready for ironing. You can start ironing when you have loaded the last batch of the clothes inside the dryer. Some of the clothes may not need ironing. Just iron the ones that you use when you go out so that you can save time and energy.
These are the tips that you can use in order for you to catch up on your laundry. If you do not have a free day that you can dedicate just for laundry, what you can do is do the laundry batch by batch so that it will not take you the whole day to wash them. This is more ideal for people who are really busy. Just do not let them pile up so that you will not have a hard time washing many clothes at one time.