Light fixtures are one of the things that make the mood of a room. Most people do not choose the type of fixture that they put inside the bathroom, as this is not a place where you spend a lot of time. However, you have to make sure that you have a nice lighting fixture in the bathroom if it is meant to be used by visitors. Changing the bathroom light is also a step that you may do if you are planning on redecorating your bathroom or your house.
If you are planning on redecorating your house, just follow the simple steps below so that you will not need to call an electrician to do the job for you.
- Gather all the materials you need. First, gather all the materials that you need. You will need your new lighting fixture, a screwdriver, a ladder, screws and some pliers. You can get these from your hardware store.
- Preparation. Go to the electrical box in your house and turn the power of while you go and change the light fixture. This will prevent your from being electrocuted while you tamper with the lighting. Now go to the bathroom and secure the ladder under the lighting fixture. Remember to wipe off any water puddles on the floor so that your ladder will not slip. Remove the old lighting fixture. You may need to use the screwdriver to do this. Once you remove everything, you will be left with some electrical wires.
- Working with the wires. Get the copper conductor wire from the wires. Get your new fixture hold the wire to connect it with the copper conductor wire. To do this, just get the wire of the fixture and the copper conductor wire and gently twist them together until they are connected.
- Install the new light fixture. The next step is to secure the new light fixture. Your new lighting fixture may come with directions on how you can assemble it. Read the directions and follow them carefully. Make sure that the screws are tightly attached. Attach the light bulbs and other accessories that came with the new lighting fixture.
- Test the new fixture. After assembling everything and putting them in their proper place, go back to the electrical box and turn the power back on. Go to your bathroom to test if the new lighting fixture works. If not, there might be some loose screws that you have to tighten.
These are the simple steps on how you can change a bathroom light without the help of an electrician. This is pretty much how you would change any other lighting fixture inside the house. Some simple lighting fixtures are easier to change than others but they all have the same procedure.
When changing lighting in your house, it will be best if you do it protected. You may need to wear protective goggles. Also, be careful when you are changing lights that are located in high ceilings.