Deciding on a window treatment can be tough. You want to make the room look better, without being taken over. You do not want to spend too much money on something you don’t like. And by the way, whatever you choose has to actually fit your window. The choice can be overwhelming. However, blinds offer a versatile, attractive, and cost effective option for window treatments.
- First of all, you need to measure your window. Decide on whether or not you want an inside mount. This means that the blinds will fit inside the window frame, and this kind of mount is what most people choose. Measure the length and width of your window frame on the inside. You might want to take both measurements two or three times in different areas of the frame, in case your windows are not perfectly square.
- Now you need to decide what you want to your blinds to do. Are you interested in keeping light out? Do you want to make sure that nobody can see in? Then you need to consider choosing thicker window blinds specifically designed for these purposes. Blinds with no route holes are also a good option for keeping bright light out. Many people save hundreds of dollars on their electric bill by installing window blinds that keep the heat out.
On the other hand, you may want to be able to see outside at certain times. Some kinds of window blinds are easier to open than others. If your window has a nice view that you do not want to miss out on, make sure to choose window blinds that can be moved out of your way.
- If you have a door or a large window that you are choosing blinds for, consider vertical ones. Although most blinds are horizontal, vertical blinds give a fresh look and are great at keeping out the light. It is very important that you measure correctly for these blinds.
- Once you decide what kind of window blinds to purchase and what size you need, you will need to pick a color. Most people stick with white or off-white, but you can certainly get creative. Wood blinds are another option.
- Choosing window blinds is not difficult. Blinds are a great alternative to curtains, and they often help people save money on electricity. Just measure, decide what kind of blinds suit you, choose a color, and then go purchase your blinds!