One way to ensure that all foods you will prepare is clean and healthy is by making sure that everything in the kitchen is clean. A burnt stove top is definitely a disgrace to the cleanliness and healthiness of your kitchen. As soon as possible, you should remedy this problem or it might just get worse. Besides, there are so many ways that you can try for cleaning that burnt stove top. Find which of the following will work for you best:
- Water and soap. The chemicals in soap will help in breaking down the burns on the stove top. You see these chemicals work like miracles on your clothes or the grease of your kitchenware. It’s time you see the chemicals work on your burnt stove top. Simply mix an all-purpose detergent or dishwashing liquid with water. Apply some solution on the burnt stove top. Let it sit for about 15 minutes. Scrub the burns with a spoon. Rinse the solution away with clean cloth damped in cool water.
- Hot rag. Turn on the stove for five minutes. While waiting, prepare the rag by soaking it in warm water. When the five minutes are up, put the rag on the burnt area. This technique softens the burn so you can wipe it off or scrub it off easily.
- Ammonia. It can be a little dangerous so use this only for more stubborn burns. Apply this in a well-ventilated area also. To use this technique, pour ammonia on the burns. Get a plastic bag that is just enough to cover the burnt area. Let the ammonia do its wonders for the whole night. Check it in the morning and by this time, the burn should be easy to wipe off.
- Detergent paste. Make a paste out of your favorite detergent powder, added with some water. The water should be added little by little until the detergent gets the texture of custard. Apply this paste on the burnt food. Leave it for some hours. Check it from time to time and add some water if the paste is drying up. After about two hours, remove the paste with damp cloth. The burn should be easy to remove by now but if not, a little scrubbing will help.
- Baking soda paste. Make a baking soda paste by adding some water to the powder. Apply the paste on the affected spot. Let it sit on the stains for about 30 minutes. And then, use a damp cloth or towel to remove the paste along with the burns.
- Oven cleaner. Spray some of your favorite oven cleaner on the burnt area. Remove the oven cleaner residue immediately after about three minutes. Use a clean and damp cloth to remove more residues. Oven cleaners are helpful for removing the burnt but it can also remove the stove top paint. So, if you are planning to try this, better check if the solution can remove the paint of your stove top by testing it on a hidden part.
- Stove top cleaner.If none of these works, then try a commercialized stove top cleaner. This is made especially to clean a burnt stove top. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using this.
Check the stove’s manual before you try any of the cleaning tips above. Some cleaning solutions might be damaging for the stove top. You don’t want to learn that the hard way, so, learn it from the manual.