You don’t anymore need a special cleaning agent to help you in cleaning your home or office water dispenser. Vinegar is more than enough to maintain the cleanliness of the dispenser. What you just need to know is how to properly use it to help you in your water dispenser cleaning tasks.
Contrary to what a lot of people think, a water dispenser can come out to be dirty as well. Usually, you will notice this need when the water it releases already tastes a bit different. This can be either metallic or bitter at some point. When this happens, it is time to grab some vinegar and start giving the water dispenser a good bath. Take a look at these steps on how you can use vinegar in cleaning a water dispenser:
- Empty the dispenser completely. Remove all the water out of the dispenser. This is necessary because vinegar mixed with water will not work well enough in this cleaning task. Before proceeding with the actual cleaning process, let the water dispenser to sit empty for one to two days. This is to ensure that all the remaining water have evaporated completely.
- Pour vinegar into the water dispenser. Once the dispenser is free from any water, fill it up with vinegar. The vinegar contains important acids that burns out any caught dust, debris, and mold inside the water dispenser.
- Remove the vinegar from the dispenser. Remove the vinegar off the dispenser through slowly letting it to pass by the filter of the water dispenser’s mouth. Keep doing this until the container is completely free from vinegar. This must be observed closely so that there will be no components of the vinegar that will be left inside the dispenser.
- Fill the water dispenser with boiling water. Fill the water dispenser container with hot water to better help in the removal of left dirt, germs, and other harmful components inside it. Leave the dispenser full of that water for several days. This will effectively remove as well the bitter taste of the vinegar in the container.
- Empty and rinse the dispenser. After a day or two, free the water dispenser from the water inside it. Allow the water to go through the filter of the dispenser as well, same with what you did in dispensing the vinegar. Once done, rinse it off with warm water thoroughly.
- Test the taste of the water. The bitter taste of the vinegar cannot be easily taken out from the water dispenser. Hence, it needs patience before you can use the dispenser again. Repeatedly fill and empty it with water until such time that the water inside the dispenser already tastes fine.
The power of the vinegar is really useful in situations like this. With this solution in cleaning the dispenser right on your kitchen counter, there is no more reason for you not to give it a try. After all, it is not only the taste of the water that is at stake here. It is also the health of everyone in your family or office.