Aluminum patio furniture can begin to look dull with use and oxidation. If you've notice the sheen has dwindled from your aluminum patio furniture then it's time to get it back into shape with a clean and polish. Follow these steps to clean aluminum patio furniture.
- Mix detergent into water. Fill a bucket with warm water and add a mild detergent.
- Hose off loose debris. Use your garden hose on a low setting to rinse the surfaces of the aluminum furniture. This should remove any leaves or grasses stuck in crevices and remove any loose dirt and dust.
- Wipe with soapy cloth. Dip a clean cloth into your soapy water. Use the cloth to wipe down all surfaces of the aluminum furniture. Pay special attention to any seams and crevices. You might need a soft toothbrush to clear and dirt stuck in these areas.
- Rinse with warm water. Hose off the soap until the water and furniture rinses clean.
- Dry with a soft cloth. With a second clean cloth, wipe all surfaces to dry them. Aluminum patio furniture does not rust but it can oxidize and develop a cloudy sheen.
- Protect. To prevent oxidation and protect the aluminum furniture, you can spray on a protect coat or paint. Or consider wiping the surface with a light coat of baby oil and the letting the oil dry. Either option will help the aluminum shine and protect the surface.
Your aluminum patio furniture does not have to show its age and wear. Just follow these steps and you can clean and protect your patio furniture to get the maximum style and life out of each piece.