If you wish to have your oil burner serve you longer than the usual, you need to give great attention to its need to be cleaned regularly. If you are responsible enough to do this, there are bigger chances of preserving the life of your oil furnace. Though seen to be such a big responsibility, cleaning it is not as hard as you have thought it can be.
Yes, you heard it just right. Though you often get the service of a professional to do this for you, you can still become an effective and efficient cleaner yourself. You only need to know how to follow these steps carefully:
- First, you need to have all the materials ready. Get masks, a broom, a vacuum, chimney brushes, a large piece of cardboard, and brake parts cleaner.
- Turn off the power switch of the oil furnace. This needs to be properly observed for your own safety.
- Place the piece of cardboard just by the boiler's entrance. This is necessary so as to catch the ashes from the equipment. If you don't have this, the ashes will scatter all over the place and will be very hard to clean.
- Wear a mask and open the oil furnace's door. Use a broom to get rid of the ashes. Expect that the ashes will be flying all over but make sure that you clean the door with efficiency.
- Clean the actual chamber. You need a chimney brush to scrape all the ashes and other debris away. Make sure the cleaning is done very well. To ensure a good clean, you can do the scraping for around 20 to 30 minutes at the least.
- After this, you can get a vacuum and work on the loose ashes that you might have missed earlier.
- Clean up the burner's assembly. Start by cleaning the burner gun with a brush. Then continue cleaning the flame retention head.
- Disassemble the whole assembly and wipe off all its major components.
- Clean the nozzles, which are the heart of all gas burners, with a brake part cleaner. You can do the same cleaning with the igniter like that of the nozzles. If by any chance you see grimes caked in the components, you need to make use of gasoline to melt it. This is important to bring back the efficiency of the service of your oil burner.
- Right after everything is cleaned up, you can assemble the pieces together.
You have just finished your very own oil furnace cleaning task. This process is true for all kinds of furnaces such as gas burners and the like but not with aromatherapy oil, oil candle, and incense burners. However, if there needs to be troubleshooting done, it is better to consult professionals.
With the above steps, you can now take responsibility over your oil burner needs aside from complex troubleshooting. Though cleaning this equipment is far more difficult than cleaning aromatherapy oil, oil candle, and incense burners, it is still a task that can easily be managed. Since you already know proper cleaning processes, invest some time for this task. In the end, you will still be the one who will benefit from it.