Brushed nickel fixtures are popular because of their cool style that complements almost any bare plumbing. They are often installed in bathrooms where they boost the ambience and comfort of the bathroom atmosphere. You need to take care of your brushed nickel bathroom fixtures through proper cleaning and maintenance. Among the things that cause their deterioration are harsh cleaners and detergents. Because such fixtures have a delicate coating, it can be easily removed or damaged. Hence, it is necessary to be aware of the possible ways of cleaning brushed nickel bathroom fixtures without damaging them. Follow the guide below to properly clean your brushed nickel bathroom fixtures.
- Prepare the things that you will need in cleaning your brushed nickel bathroom fixtures. You might need to prepare a bottle of vinegar, warm water, measuring cup, detergent soap, soft cloth, container, and a spray bottle, among others.
- Mix 1/2 cup of white vinegar with 1/2 cup of warm water in a small container. With the use of a stirrer, blend the mixture thoroughly. You may also use a spoon or a spatula.
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the spray bottle. Before putting in the solution, wash the spray bottle to make sure that it is clean. There must be no dirt or debris left inside the bottle.
- Wipe off the brushed nickel bathroom fixture to get rid of dirt that is noticeable. Use a soft, clean cloth in wiping the bathroom fixture.
- Spray onto the brushed nickel bathroom fixture a considerable amount of the vinegar mixture. For about 30 seconds to 1 minute, allow the solution to sit on the brushed nickel bathroom fixture.
- Get another piece of soft, clean cloth. Prepare clean, warm water where you will soak cloth and use it for rinsing the bathroom fixture. Squeeze cloth to remove excess water until half dry. Wipe off the cleaning solution from the bathroom fixture. You may need to scrub the surfaces and grooves of the brushed nickel bathroom fixture but make sure not to put too much pressure. Light strokes will suffice.
- Rinse the cloth with warm water and wipe the bathroom fixture a few more times. Repeat the process until no residue of the vinegar cleaning solution is left on the brushed nickel bathroom fixture.
- Use another soft, clean, cloth to dry the bathroom fixture.
- Proceed to clean other bathroom fixtures to attain a more comforting bathroom.
While you enjoy the warranty of your brushed nickel bathroom fixtures, you must not forget to check on the product manual for instructions regarding the proper care and maintenance of the brushed nickel bathroom fixture that you have purchased. The above-mentioned tip is a natural cleansing alternative in replacing chemical-based cleaners that can possibly cause further damage to the bathroom fixture. If you plan to do otherwise, read the product manual for additional information. It may also provide the list of chemical-based cleansers and polishers that are not recommended in cleaning up your brushed nickel bathroom fixture.