Cabinet hinges can easily accumulate greasy oil especially if you do not clean them regularly. Due to this, the grease might even get to your clothes, and it will take a long time and a lot of washing to get the grease out of your clothes. However, there are ways on how to clean your cabinet hinges so that you will not encounter problems such as getting grease on your clothes. The ways to clean the cabinet hinges depend on how much grease has already accumulated on your hinges.
Here are some tips on how to clean your cabinet hinges:
- Remove first the clothes or other things that are in your cabinet so that it will not get dirty. Even if you are just cleaning the hinges, there is a possibility that the grease and dirt will get to your clothes and you certainly do not want to add cleaning your clothes to your work.
- You can use a solution of warm water and mild dish detergent. The dish detergent is a great agent for removing the grease while the warm water is a great agent for softening the hardened dirt. Using the mixed solution, use an old brush to brush out the dirt that has accumulated on your cabinet hinges. Use a circular motion when brushing the grime and dirt so that it will be easier to remove. Wash the old toothbrush as necessary. After brushing the cabinet hinges, rinse it with plain water without any mix. Use a towel to dry the hinges so that it will not rust.
- You can use baking soda in cleaning the cabinet hinges. It is especially effective if the grime and dirt on your hinges are already sticky. Mix the baking soda with a little bit of water until it becomes sticky like a paste. With a toothbrush, scrub the cabinet hinges using the mixed baking soda. Rinse it with plain water after it has already been brushed clean so that the baking soda will be removed from the hinges.
- If you want to make your chrome hinges shiny and clean, you can use a vinegar solution mixed with water. The ratio is one is to one. Use the solution with a toothbrush in cleaning the chrome hinges. Towel dry and polish the hinges after you rinse it with plain water.
- Use rubbing alcohol to clean and disinfect your cabinet hinges. Spraying will be the best way to apply the alcohol. Use the spray weekly so that disinfecting will be maintained and accumulating grease and grime will be avoided. It can also be used on knobs and kitchen tables so that it will be disinfected. It can also be used to make the metal surfaces shine. Do not forget to keep the alcohol out of children.
If you cannot do the cleaning alone, ask assistance from someone to help you with cleaning the hinges. If the dirt and grime cannot be removed from just brushing, you may have to remove the whole thing so that it will be cleaned and assistance will be greatly needed if that is the case.