It can be difficult to clean the dust, pollen and smog off your eyeglasses without scratching or smearing the lenses. The good news is that with a little preparation you can create a cleaner to have on hand that will clean your lenses without fail. Follow these steps to clean eyeglasses with vinegar.
- White vinegar
- Small plastic spray bottle
- Soft cloth
- Place the vinegar into the spray bottle. When you need the eyeglass cleaner on hand the best option is to keep it in a spray bottle in your purse or desk. Fill the bottle half full with the white vinegar.
- Remove eyeglasses. Take your glasses off your face before cleaning.
- Spray a few drops of vinegar. Hold the eyeglasses away from you and spray the vinegar on both sides of each lens.
- Wipe with dry cloth. Use the soft, dry cloth to wipe the lenses and remove the vinegar.
- Your eyeglasses are ready to wear. After the simple cleaning with the vinegar you should notice your lenses are clean and have no streaks. You might need to repeat the cleaning once or twice a day depending upon the weather and where you spend your time.
A simple vinegar cleaner is an inexpensive option for cleaning eyeglasses. By following these steps you can have a cleaner handy when you need it. This option saves money and your eyeglasses because unlike many household cleaners, the vinegar won't scratch or discolor the lenses.