A jute carpet is a type of rug that consists of plant fibers. It is very soft and nice to touch. It is almost like a cotton blanket. It may be the least durable compared to other types of carpets, but it is the most inexpensive and environmentally friendly. There are a lot of colors to choose from and it certainly is pretty to the naked eye. However, you have to be very careful where you put it because it can be easily blemished and damaged when exposed to direct sunlight. Preferably, it should be placed in a shaded, cool area for longer life.
Cleaning jute carpets can be a bit tricky. However as long as you have the right tools, attitude and proper techniques, this could be an easy task to deal with. The key is to make sure you maintain it. With regular cleaning and dusting, this should be a walk in the park for you. To learn more about how to clean jute carpet, here are some effective and simple tips that you can easily follow.
- The first thing you need to remember is that you need to prevent dirt from accumulating. This will make cleaning more difficult. It is important that you vacuum it regularly.
- If something spilled on your jute carpet, make sure you clean it right away. You can easily do this by gently blotting the stained area with damp cloth and mild soap or detergent. Air dry it with a blow dryer or a fan to make it dry faster.
- Dry all water spills immediately by blotting the spills out with dry cloth. Press it until all the water has been drawn out. You then dry it using a blow dryer, making sure you set in low heat.
- Soften the area with grime and stains and then remove the stains by scraping very carefully with a plastic spoon or wooden spatula.
- Putting baking soda when cleaning, drying or scraping stains and spills will prevent odor. It can also control the moisture by wringing it out from the carpet.
- Soft bristled brush or sponge is also effective when blotting out stains. It is very important that you blot it gently. Do not scrub the jute carpet. It will ruin it and will make the color dull quickly.
- Never use warm water. Always use cold liquid to avoid it from deteriorating real fast.
These are the things that you need to consider when cleaning your jute carpet. Always remember, maintenance is the number one key in order for you to avoid hard to remove stains and debris. It would be very helpful if you put doormats to avoid wet shoes stepping in to your carpet. Do not use strong cleaning mixtures such as vinegar, chlorine or muriatic acid. This can cause discoloration and can easily damage your carpet. Baking soda is the best solution for all kinds of stains, spills and the like. It provides cleaning elements that can effectively remove stubborn grease, dirt smudges, etc. It can also draw out excess moisture, making it very easy to dry any area that is wet. All you have to do right now is to start following these tips carefully. You will surely be surprised with the amazing results. Good luck!