Most people tend to overlook the importance of having a clean carpet at all times. Carpets are very pretty to look at but it is also something that needs to be maintained regularly. Due to its soft texture, it can easily attract all sorts of dirt and grime. However, there is one thing that can be very dangerous to anyone's health. Mold can easily creep into your carpet and grow there for a long period of time if not taken care of immediately. This is usually caused by wet shoes or liquid spills. If you do not remove these stubborn organisms, it can cause health problems such as asthma, bronchitis, skin allergies and the like. It can truly be hazardous to babies and children. If you see black, green, white or orange stains all over your carpet, then you have a lot of mold living with you. However, there is a way for you to successfully remove it. All you have to do is to follow these steps and you will have a clean carpet and a healthier place to live in. To learn more about how to clean mold stains out of your carpet, here are some helpful and simple tips that you can follow.
- Before starting anything, you have to determine the cause of these moldy creatures to grow on your carpet. These tenacious smuts love warm, damp and humid weather so if your house has high humidity rate, you may need to obtain a dehumidifier to avoid further mold growth on your beautiful carpet. Double check if there are any leaks on the ceiling. If there are leaks make sure you fix them immediately. It would also be helpful if you tell all the people living in the house to be very careful not to spill anything in the carpeted floor.
- Ensure that your carpet is completely dry in all areas before removing mold stains. Create a solution that consists of water and mild detergent. Mix it thoroughly.
- Get a steam cleaning machine. If you do not have one, you can use a spray bottle with a solution that consist of mild detergent mixed in warm water. Steam or spray the infected area with the detergent solution and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Scrub the mold stains with a dry paper towel. Pat it dry by pressing a clean sponge against the carpet repeatedly.
- If the mold stain is just too obstinate and is difficult to remove, you can use a strong Hydrogen Peroxide solution. Combine a cup of Hydrogen Peroxide in a gallon of water. Pour the mixture in the stained area. Make sure it is completely soaked. Leave it for thirty minutes. Using a hard-bristled brush, start scrubbing the mold out of the carpet until it is completely removed.
- Quickly dry it by using a vacuum cleaner or a blow dryer. If you can, it is better to let it dry under the sun. This can effectively eliminate all bad odors.
Always remember, it is important that your carpet is thoroughly dry before you return it inside your house. These steps are relatively easy and cost-effective. You do not even need to hire a professional cleaner! You can do all these steps by yourself. Start following these tips and you will be on your way to a clean and healthy house in no time! Good luck.