Tempur-Pedic products, such as mattresses and pillows, are very popular today. They provide ever-lasting comfort and luxury to their owner. Since the materials used in a tempur-pedic foam are innately visco-elastic, it has proven to be very flexible and pliable. This foam is also capable of molding its form to adapt to the shape of your body and develop a strong support for your body. Unlike other mattresses and pillows, tempur-pedic foam doesn’t develop bacteria and molds easily. However, like any other material, it still needs constant cleaning.
There are tempur-pedic products that actually have removable covers, which you can easily clean by washing them. Other foam products cannot be cleaned this way. Although some may think that tempur-pedic foams are hard to clean, there is actually a simple method on how to do this. By simply following these steps, you can instantly make your tempur-pedic foam spotless.
- Prepare the things you will use—baking powder, vacuum cleaner, warm water, wash cloths, dry towels, and a steam cleaner.
- Get your tempur-pedic foam and start sprinkling baking powder on it. The amount of baking powder you will use will depend on how dirty the foam is. Tempur-pedic mattresses are known to have a slightly strange odor. You can simply remove the odor by sprinkling baking powder on it. Baking powder is also helpful in removing moisture trapped in the foam. Wait for at least 30-45 minutes before going to the next step.
- The next thing you need to do is grab your vacuum cleaner and remove all the baking powder in your tempur-pedic foam. This will also remove any small particles like dust and hair. This procedure works for any type of tempur-pedic products, like mattresses and pillows.
- When you’re done vacuuming the baking powder, you can now spot-clean it. The good thing about tempur-pedic foam is they don’t get THAT dirty. And as mentioned earlier, it doesn’t develop molds and bacteria. Spot-cleaning it is the best way to remove particular stains in the foam. Using your wash cloth and warm water, simply rub out the dirty areas.
- Get your dry towel and press it in the tempur-pedic foam to absorb any form of moisture stuck in the foam. Then get another dry towel, put it on the foam and let it sit overnight. You can also let it dry outside, or use a hair dryer or electric fan.
These are the simple steps on how to clean your tempur-pedic foam. Remember that regularly cleaning your tempur-pedic foam will help you maintain its quality. You might want to do this every three months or depending on how often you use it. For mattresses and pillows, it would be necessary to clean them as often as possible.
If you want to deep clean it, you can make use of steam cleaner to remove deep stains. If the odor is extremely bad, use vinegar and lemon. These two are very helpful in neutralizing odors.