Cleaning the bathroom is almost always a chore. It will be easier for you if you clean the bathroom during bath time. This will not only speed up the process but it will also save some water. Follow the steps below so that you can clean your bathroom during bath time.
Here are the steps on how you can clean the bathroom during bath time:
- Prepare your materials. Get some vinegar, Baking soda, a non-scratch foam scrub (Don’t use metal, as you don’t want to destroy your tiles. You just need to clean them.), some toilet paper and a toilet brush. You can also use some hand gloves if you have sensitive skin.
- Take a bath as usual. Use the water that you collect from taking a bath to dowse the walls, tiles, tub, sink, etc. You can use some pails to collect the water.
- Put baking soda on a sponge. Sprinkle it as needed but do not use up too much. Save some for later.
- Pour some vinegar on the sponge. You might want to open the door or crack a window open. Vinegar has a pretty strong scent, but don’t worry. It might be a little unpleasant to the nose, but it’s totally non-toxic and safe unlike other chemicals used to clean the bathroom.
- Squeeze the sponge to make foam. This is the fun part. Kids and the young-at-heart will have some fun with this! Vinegar and baking soda are food products, so unlike commercial cleaners they’re 100% safe (and cheap too!).
- Apply vinegar and sprinkle baking soda to the areas you want to clean. Use the sponge to wipe and scrub those areas. Be it the tub or if you’re doing the inside of the sink first, doesn’t matter. It’s still basically the same process. Apply extra baking soda to foam it up when needed.
- Scrub with brush or sponge. This might be the hardest part, or the easiest, depending on how much fun you have with it. It’s easy to get carried away. Just keep at it and it will be squeaky clean in no time.
- Rinse the area. After cleaning the area, you can rinse it using the water that you used for your bath.
- Let the area dry. When you are done rinsing the bathroom, the next step is to dry it. Open some windows so that you can let the area dry. If you want to speed up the process, you can also turn on the fan and point it towards your bathroom.
These are the steps that you have to follow if you want to clean your bathroom during bath time. If you do this every time, it will be easier for you to clean your bathroom and you will not be thinking of it as a chore. Think of the amount of water that you will save when you use the water that you used to take a bath for cleaning.